Welcome, and thank you for volunteering to be an AES Room Parent! We are so excited
for the coming school year, and with your support, we know it will be a great one. Your
commitment and dedication to our school and your child’s classroom is invaluable for the
success of all our students. Please take a moment to review the roles and responsibilities
of a room parent to ensure that you are able and willing to serve in this capacity.
We appreciate your time and involvement and look forward to a fabulous school year!
*Please Print and Return this form to your child’s teacher by 8/26/16
Key Roles – Room Representative
- Work with teacher and parents/guardians, as a parent contact and liaison on
what’s happening in the classroom to support student success. This will include
sending out email blasts updating families on what’s going on in the class and
- Collaborate with the teacher(s) to identify how parents can assist with classroom
- Encourage parent volunteers and create sign ups for classroom volunteers.
- Help to promote PTA goals, activities, and parent participation on campus.
- Take photographs of your class events, activities, and students throughout the
year for the Yearbook. When you are not attending a field trip or event, arrange
for a parent who is to take pictures and post to the class Shutterfly site.
Additional needs for ____________________________. (teacher name)
YES! I would like to be a 2016-2017 Room Parent for _______________________.
Name: ___________________________________ Email:_________________________